Special Report: Interview with Carla Qualtrough, Federal Minister of Employment
Carla Qualtrough sworn in as Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Disability Inclusion during the cabinet swearing-in ceremony at Rideau Hall in Ottawa, November 20, 2019. (Supplied by Carla Qualtrough)
Vista Radio conducted an interview with Carla Qualtrough on Monday, Federal Minister of Employment, Workforce Development, and Disability Inclusion.
We touched on a number of topics including:
- The Canadian Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) extending to September and a revamped Employment Insurance system
- Focusing on entrepreneurship and training as we transition from CERB
- The state of disabled funding during the pandemic
- Balancing government benefits while also driving down Canada’s unemployment rate
- The Government’s plans on pandemic pay for essential workers
- How are Canadians going to be paying for all these benefits in the future?
LISTEN HERE FOR THE FULL INTERVIEW: