Nelson Fire Rescue Services are reminding residents if a building is evacuated to stay in the area to provide information to fire crews.
This after responding to a call yesterday around 4pm at the Nelson Apartments on Vernon Street.
There were reports of smoke on the third floor.
Crews believe the fire was a result of burnt food and all three floors left with odours.
The occupant was not in the vicinity to discuss the circumstances.
Nelson Fire Rescue will follow up with an investigation into the incident.