Grand Forks RCMP and the BC Conservation Service are investigating after a deer was shot with an arrow in the 7600 block of 17th Street.
Police say the “disturbing incident” happened last Wednesday. The carcass was found with an arrow sticking out of its back on someone’s property.
They are looking for tips.
Smoking frying pan sends one to hospital
A man was taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation following a stovetop fire in Grand Forks.
Police say just before 3 a.m. on Saturday they responded along with firefighters to a unit filling with smoke in the 6900 block of 19th Street.
They found a man asleep on the couch while an unattended frying pan was smoking on the nearby stove. They woke him up and took him to hospital. He’s expected to make a full recovery.
“The quick response from both police and fire may likely have prevented not only a fire within the unit, but from spreading to other units,” said Sgt. Darryl Peppler.
Impaired driver caught
A 62-year-old Grand Forks man received a three-day roadside ban and had his vehicle impounded for a week after being pulled over Saturday afternoon.
Police stopped him near 5th Street on Central Avenue because they suspected his insurance was expired.
But they asked him for a breath sample, which resulted in a warning, meaning his blood alcohol level was somewhere over 0.06.
He was also ticketed for having no insurance and having open liquor in the vehicle.