Receding waters have led the RDKB regional emergency operations centre to downgrade some of its evacuation orders in the Boundary.
- An evacuation order for 10 properties at Beatrice and Division streets in South Johnson Flats has been downgraded to an evacuation alert.
- An evacuation order for six properties in Nursery is now an evacuation alert.
- An evacuation order for one property on Jmayoff Road is also down to an alert.
- The number of properties on evacuation order in Manly Meadows has been reduced from 11 to eight.
The following orders and alerts are unchanged:
- Evacuation alert for 591 addresses within the floodplain from Carmi to Christina Lake (excluding Greenwood and Grand Forks).
- Evacuation alert for 47 properties at Midway.
- Evacuation alert for 34 properties on 12th Street in Grand Forks.
- Evacuation alert for 12 properties in Christina Lake
- Evacuation order for one property on Edwards Road in Gilpin.
“We’re encouraged to see that river levels are coming down,” said RDKB emergency operations director Mark Stephens. “However, as temperatures rise as we approach the weekend, we are still urging residents to be cautious.”