Listen Live

HomeNewsGrand Forks NewsRock Creek grass fire blamed on blown fuse

Rock Creek grass fire blamed on blown fuse

Midway Fire and Rescue says a grass fire Monday morning at Rock Creek was due to a power line that blew a fuse and dropped to the ground.

They were called at 10:45 a.m. to the fire behind the Prospector Pub. They arrived to find the fire had spread to an area about 20 by 20 feet. It was mostly put out by citizens in the area and crews from YRB and Selkirk Paving.

Fire chief Mike Daloise said the first people to spot it  used their hoodies and floor mats from their vehicles to try and stop its spread. Firefighters checked for hot spots and confirmed that it was extinguished.

“If it wasn’t for the quick action of the people that stopped and the YRB crew with their water truck it is likely that this fire would have gotten significantly larger,” Daloise said.

(Photo submitted by Midway Fire and Rescue)
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading