â–º Listen Live

HomeGrand Forks NewsNew Superintendent of Schools Lands in SD51.

New Superintendent of Schools Lands in SD51.

Watch the roads Tuesday morning and ready yourself for busier traffic because school is back! School District 51 students are back in class next week with early dismissal at 11:30AM and buses running. Those riding the bus have until September 13th to return a Mandatory Bus Registration & Rules form. School is also in session Friday, September 7th. There’s also new Superintendent of Schools for SD51 this year.

Ken Minette explains one of his goals. “To improve educational experiences for all the students in grand forks building off on the great work that’s already taking place in our schools around social emotional learning and working on the competencies of creativity and critical thinking especially.”

He explains another new addition this year. “What we are working on right now is, with a lady by the name of Shelly Moore, and she’s given insight to our teachers how you design lessons so they really take in to account the learning needs of all your students so that we personalize learning for all students a bit more deeply.”

He says before moving here just over a month ago, he worked with SD52 in Prince Rupert. “I worked there for 30 years, about 17 years as a teacher of math and science in high-school, and as well as the school councillor and then i moved into being a principal of a middle-school and vice principal of a high-school.”

Minette was also Director of Instruction during his time there. He adds they’re working on doing more community based learning opportunities. For more information click here.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading